Best water fountain for cats are a way of keeping your cat healthy and hydrated in the first place.
At the same time you may be looking for something that is accessible by your kitty anytime, whether you are around or not.
And that is where the need of getting a best water fountain for your cat would have crossed your mind.
Do not worry, because in this post I will help you decide your best pick in water fountains.
I will also cover relevant details that will help you choose the best water fountain for your cats as per their needs.
Benefits Of Water Fountains For Cats.
Being a cat parent, I too took over the traditional way of letting my cat drink water from its bowl.
I would buy multiple cute little water bowls for my kitty.
But that is not how it should be.
Have you ever noticed your cat drink water from its bowl ?.
If not, next time you must surely pay attention.
But let me tell you something !.
According to a research, Cats use tip of their tongue and the inertia(against gravity) to get water in their mouth.
They do so by touching their mouth to the water and speedily drawing their tongue back into their mouth.
Interesting, Isn’t it?.
Why Cat Fountains Over Cat Water Bowls ?
Now you may wonder why I am telling you this and how is water fountain for cats better than a water bowl in this respect.
Well it’s good to be curious.
We discussed this in our post on, how to choose the best scratching post for your cats on how our feline fur babies have adopted themselves to our domesticated environments over the years.
But in the process of evolution they still have certain wilderness tendencies that need to be provided sufficient expressions too.
Choosing a proper scratching post and getting your fur baby can be those venues of expression.
Wild cats can naturally find access to running water to quench their thirst with fresh, pure and mineral rich water.
Other thing is, water in the cat bowl becomes tasteless after sometime.
Moreover, it is subjected to all types of dust and stale suspensions in the air.
On the other hand, flowing water from the fountains that offer proper filtering techniques appeal to a cat’s inherent nature.
Water fountains helps in keep water fresh for our little fur babies.
A good cat water fountain should ensure checking boxes such as proper filtration, power efficiency, low maintenance, usability and of course they must appeal to our cats.
Also it must free you from worrying whether you filled your cat’s bowl or not obviously.
So all options that we are going to suggest will check most of these boxes.
Best cat fountains such as the ones mentioned below, are made in such a way that water level is visible and you can refill it once you find it too low.
So I hope I quenched your curiosity in a detailed way.
If not so, you may let me know your queries in comments and I will surely answer those.
Also check out 5 DIY cat toys, if you want to make something for your fur babies.
List Of Best Water Fountains For Cats.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://amzn.to/2NPTUC0″]
- Unique shape.
- The circulation system keeps water healthy and hygienic.
- LED lights system indicates when fountain needs to be refilled.
- Its Quadruple Filtration System helps to purify the water, remove hair and dirt particles.
- It works silently and its SMART MODE will automatically adjust the water stream in order to reduce the power consumption.
Some people did not like its size while some found it silent in the beginning but eventually it started buzzing.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://amzn.to/2NRx9h7”]
- 2.5L water capacity is great for small to medium sized pets.
- The pump is ultra quiet and has low power consumption.
- The circulation system helps provide healthy and hygienic water for cats.
- High-quality PP resin makes it durable, and it’s easy to operate and clean.
- Each fountain comes with 1 silicone pad to catch splashing water. So thoughtful right!.
- It has 3 modes: flower waterfall, flower bubble, and gentle fountain – each offers various requirements depending on the pets.
Some people complained that pump stopped working after sometime.
3. Wonder Creature Stainless Steel Cat Water Fountain.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://amzn.to/2veWJX1″]
- It has a stainless steel top, 3 carbon filters, 2 cleaning brushes for the intake tube and 1 mat.
- High grade stainless steel top is unbreakable and easy to clean.
- Transparent water level window with LED Light reminds you adding water in time during the day or at night.
- When the water level is low, the light turns red and the pump shuts off automatically.
- The circulating filtration system uses a replaceable charcoal filter to purify the water.
Even though it has excellent services, people complained that their cats were at first spooked by it.
However, they enjoyed drinking water from fountain once they got used to it.
Well in my recommendation this water fountain is worth its price!
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://amzn.to/38yDW7t”]
- isYoung cat fountain is a creative pet fountain with fresh filter water.
- Free-falling stream entices pets to drink more water.
- Water capacity is 51 oz. which is great for cats and small dogs.
- The water valve’s adjustable flow allows you to customize the water flow for your pet.
- Luminous LED helps to locate the fountain in the night.
People usually had problem in the filter fits but company assures help whatever the case may be.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://amzn.to/2NR48lA”]
- Tritone Cat Water Fountain is made of high-quality natural ceramic, eco-friendly and non-toxic.
- Triple free-falling design streams add more oxygen in fresh water and attract your pets to drink more.
- Mechanical filtration prevents pets’ hair and other debris from getting in the pump.
- Chemical filtration with charcoal helps to remove bad odors and tastes.
- It is so quiet that the only sound you may hear is the water dripping through the strainer into the bowl.
- The capacity of this water fountain is 2.1L which is sufficient enough for almost 2 weeks.
Some people complained about dysfunctional motor at times.
So these were some of my best recommendations for best water fountain for cats that you can gt your hands on today.
I consciously didn’t give you a lot of choices because that create even more confusion among the readers.
So I ensured that I present you with just my personal bests.
One other thing is I don’t want you to bother too much about the disadvantages because there is nothing in the world that doesn’t have cons or disadvantages.
Plus there is a good chance you may not see these disadvantages because even cons are subjective.
So don’t let product limitations stop you from making a conscious decision.
Go ahead and choose something that suits best for your fur baby.
I hope this post on best water fountain for cats would have been of some help for you.
I will come up with some more cat product picks in my next blog posts.
Stay tuned And take care !